Sunday 26 July 2015

Communication 65

Come Traveller 

come traveller, rest 
tell me why you hate to settle,
yours was a face I use to trust
even though you left years ago
we’ve lived a life time between us,
there’s so much I have to say, 
“I too lost all roots” 
unlike you I chose to stay 

has travel broadened the mind?
is it true you had to really seek to find?
or has all you’ve dreamt of been staring you in the face?
I’m yet to find my rightful place,
forgive me for all the questions,
to me this is a very different view, 
you see I’m no traveller 
just a passer through

it’s all so very unforgiving 
this process that leads us in life
and I’m unable to believe
how quickly it passes us by 
we live – we die in a blink of an eye, 
for now I have found the days 
reaching back to a better place,
what comes next there is no telling

twilights and woeful dwellings are shadows 
I choose to hide my most precious things in
“but we can never hide our sins”
come traveller – let me in,
I am all that has come before me 
days spent stepping stone memories
basking in the fame of past glory
my tales are true,
not to be mistaken for a travellers story,
experiences, I’ve forgotten most of them,
if you look hard the marks can be seen
in my face and hands, some have healed, 
others have become a part of who I am

tell me traveller, 
where will you go now?
were you ever really here?
maybe you’re a ghost of an idea 
helping me overcome this constant fear 
of remaining the same, 
a fear I’m yet to tame 
if I could take the chance
and grab for the highest star, I’d journey far
bridge the gap between guessing and knowing,
overthrowing the inevitable
and if I go for the grab and fall 
I can rest knowing I never really
knew myself at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment