Tuesday 14 July 2015

Communication 41



I Am The Ocean

The lighthouse keeper holds his place
on the edge of British shorelines.
His light will guide us through the dark
from far off shores, to Britain’s lap,
along equator’s line,
over Atlantic’s back.

Through soft sailing tides and anchoring,
forever I ride angelic cascading.
We start our maiden voyage,
seeking gentle stay,
renewing tomorrows old,
breaking the morning’s day.

I am the ocean, free universal pulse,
covering continents with growing worldly mass,
I turn the tides of yesterdays change,
embrace our histories, grow wise with age.

I’ll continue to guide lone journeyman
amid the treachery of foreign shore.
I’ll wash away the memories of lost adventure,
circle the silence I’ve grown to adore. 

Above gulls fly in violent song,
calling mutiny on silence,
all voice of reason gone,
gone drifting through the night,
this ocean’s picked me to take flight,
I’ll spread my wings and leave tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment