Wednesday 15 July 2015

Communication 47



Collectively Dreaming

I carved my fated fortune
into an oak tree’s heart,
hoping he felt the same as me
even though we were worlds apart.

I caught the moon before its rising,
stopped it reaching greater heights
it staggered holding tight to the reigns
of a softer quieter night.

I painted the emptiness with silver tears,
tried to fill its hole with art,
hoping it felt the same as me
even though we were worlds apart.

I took the soul of a lost souls heart,
called on distant voices
to tell them there was still love         
in the places where lovers part.

Collectively dreaming,
I dreamt of something new,
placed it beyond anything we’d except,
shaped it with the contours of you,
kept it in a safe place,
freed it from religion, colour and race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment