Never Look Back

falling away

falling into damage,

falling into a trauma

I can’t manage,

wings clipped,

it’s a crash course in survival, 

it’s a vial of the latest wonder drug

that all the shrinks are pushing, 

the shit they 

pimp never works

 

falling away,

falling into damage,

it’s the quirks of 

the one you love bottled

and passed on to the next

unassuming couple

who are yet to observe

the idiosyncratic beauty

of their marriage

 

falling away

falling twice into damage,

it’s still a trauma 

I can’t manage,

if only I could fall and break,

then I’d release my grip

from the reigns, 

but there’s something 

that keeps me going

 

maybe it’s plain 

fucking madness,

or it’s the promise 

I made to you that I’ll carry on, 

and when you’re gone

they’ll never be another,

I asked you how the hell

I’m going to continue 

without you, you told me 

“to put one foot in front of the other 

and never look back”


Comments

Popular Posts