Bus

the London rain falls 

like a tired cliché, 

I have no defining words

or abstract metaphors

to make it sound deep 

or meaningful, it’s wet,

my jeans are sticking 

to my legs,

my arse is damp,

I have no umbrella,

I leg it about 100 meters 

and duck under a bus stop

 

exactly 7 minutes later 

I’m sitting on the back seat

of a double decker,

there’s a heavy residue 

of weed and body odour,

the windows are fogged

because of everyone’s 

incessant need to breathe,

every seat’s taken,

no one’s speaking English,

I’m bored out of my mind 

so, I start to question

 

as I look at the sea of heads

in front of me, I wonder 

how many of these people

farted in the past 10 minutes,

judging by the smell, at least 40%,

how many are sex addicts,

how many of the dudes

masturbate way too much,

I felt like getting out my seat

to perform a minor survey,

I was intrigued to know 

how many hate the west 

but love our benefits system 

and all the glorious perks it provides,

and at the same time 

despise our way of life 

 

“roll up! roll up! come to Britian 

if you want a free ride”

 

it intrigued me to know

how many perform incest

on a daily basis,

maybe someone’s wearing 

a suicide vest but doesn’t

have the nuts to flick its switch,

how many of these people shit 

in the street and don’t 

see it as a problem?

how many hate Jews?

and how many abuse 

their wife and children

and don’t see it as an issue

 

how many need pharmaceuticals 

just to be able to manage?

and how many out of 10

partake in child marriage? 

how many are trying to hide a ‘hard-on’

or a severe addiction to porn,

how many have just won the lottery

but they’ll never know because

they’ve blown their nose 

into the winning ticket

 

“maybe one of them is a psychiatrist

who can help me cleanse my perverted mind” 

 

as the bus pulled up to my stop 

I hopped off, the sun came out, 

I’m thinking when I next 

leave the house and it looks 

like it could rain,

I’ll take an umbrella and walk,

it poses far fewer questions

Comments

Popular Posts