Face To Face

I came face to face 

with gobbledygook,

she was proudly wearing

a ‘Save The Whales T-shirt’

whilst eyeing up the caviar, 

consonants and vowels 

were sliding off her tongue

and splattering onto 

the freshly mopped floors

of the fake foods isle

 

supermarkets

the great conveyer 

of mass-produced 

cartilage and new age 

vegetables propagated

under artificial light,

it’s a load of tasteless shite,

self service checkouts 

are like witnessing 

mice fighting over

a cheese board at

the end of the night,

it’s an intelligence test

98.9% fail to utilise, 

I queue like a prisoner,

my shopping basket

in front of me like 

a bowl thrust forward 

to get my daily feed,

metaphorical watery soup

is spilt down the front of me

followed by a verbal whip 

to the back of the knees

 

“Unexpected attire in the bagging area” 

 

she was dressed like a whore

claiming she’s misunderstood  

as her thong peers out the

top of her trackie bottoms,

I can see the headlines now 

‘New Wave Prostitute Seen 

 Purchasing Organic Oats’

I had visions of oats getting sewn

in the back seat of an old Capri 

back in 1980

 

I came face to face 

with gobbledygook

it was wearing a rainbow flag 

as a cape, they/them 

couldn’t wait to use

a cucumber as a phallic object

whilst blurting the positives 

of men masquerading

as women in female prisons,

apparently, I’m transphobic 

because I don’t believe a woman

have a dick,

rainbows, rainbows everywhere

captured institutions

intelligence transfusions,

inclusion of all faiths and religions

apart from anything that defines Britain,

everywhere I look it’s

state sponsored delusion

and there ain’t no cure

or medication that can curtail

the shitstorm yet to come,

it’s all gobbledygook,

humanity's caught in a chicken coop

and we're pecking out 

each other's eyes 

Comments

Popular Posts