Saturday 17 August 2024

Communication 174

 Isolation Has Become My Friend 

 

the years I travelled beyond the boarders 

brief connections severed through time

some of us died down the line

now forgotten from “god knows when”

vacant buildings to be condemned 

posing and posturing, mating rituals 

years before the pseudo-spirituals 

the love for you I can’t define,

when the sun would contort upon the skyline 

as we cruised around block after block,

this was a year before the towers dropped,

I had no home or a place of my own

a frequent flyer who tried to climb higher

only to get burnt alive, descending

into a nosedive, never to recover, 

there’s still a world out there I’m yet to discover, 

I just don’t have the energy 

the fight was drained within me 

slowly, time and time again,

isolation has become my best friend



 

No comments:

Post a Comment