Friday 16 August 2024

Communication 173

The Veiled Head Of The Widow

 

the veiled head of the widow

with a time-bomb strapped to her chest

“you know your god couldn’t care less”

if you detonate your suicide vest,

and who will hold your hand

as you tumble straight down to hell

the lesser man who pocketed

the illusion of peace you sell,

as I walk these rotten streets

constantly echoing others beliefs

it appears my voice has lost all meaning

us Englishmen are all “right leaning”,

since when does having pride in my flag

risk me getting stabbed?

how does the truth I’m told never evolve?

is it because the media is state controlled?

who alienates the pain of those who died in vain?

thousands of bodies torn apart among the trenches

never mentioned once on parliament benches,

unless it’s for political gain,

remind me why I pay my taxes?

when the crooked system

always collapses in on itself,

isn’t it funny how the rich

never share their wealth,

the veiled head of the widow

will use her stealth

to murder all the wrong people




No comments:

Post a Comment