Saturday 16 June 2018

Communication 114

collateral damage

I don’t know why I’m here,
it remains a mystery
I wasn’t designed for such
mind numbing monotony,
the same old faces
haunt the same places,
monotone conversation
blunts my concentration
what’s it all about?

I just need my space,
without the fear of acid
being thrown in my face,
or a knife forced through my skin,
it’s all so overwhelming
where did it all go wrong?
what’s happening to me?
there’s a defect in the root
of our society

such a lack of opportunity
breeds a beast we can’t control,
austerity, a slight of hand
that continues to take its toll,
cuts to public services,
a chance to drain the swamp,
a bigger slice of pie
for the politicians to chomp

hold tight now
my sisters and brothers,
I know your hearts are aching,
something big is coming,
there’s a collision in the making,
a scripted execution
‘Problem, Reaction, Solution’
I’ve had about as much
as I can manage
your life, my life,
we’re just
collateral damage


No comments:

Post a Comment