Tuesday 17 April 2018

Communication 108

Julie

Julie never went to prom
she chose her dress
but never tried it on,
she’d keep her fears
scratched on her arm,
a constant reminder
of her self-harm,
for years she’s
kept it a secret,
if only she knew
I could help her treat it,
I know she’s scared
of intervention,
there’s been so many
times that I hoped she’d
mention, all the pain
she harbors deep inside,
but when I ask she denies,
insisting that
there’s nothing wrong,
I wish she wouldn’t
remain so strong,
there’s a bravery in honesty,
a spoken truth
I can’t define,
if only I could tell her
that everything will be fine,
three years have passed
since she gave up hope,
I found Julie hanging
from a rope,
she’d left a note
folded on her bed
“I’m sorry, I thought
I’d be better off dead’


 


 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment