Saturday 14 April 2018

Communication 106

back in class

where are you now?
I can’t let my memories go
and when I think I have
they come punching back
on the attack,
a vicious blow from the past
knocks me on my arse,
and when I look up
I’m back in class – age 15
I had no concerns
of what could have been,
I was yet to carve my place
in a world that appeared
so easy to conquer, oh
but little did I know that
you rarely reap what you sow,
you’re never close to
the perfect fiction you’ve written,

and

when the wolves come calling
for the pound of flesh
they’ve continually bitten,
you wonder how the hell
you can carry on,
you didn’t realise that
life could feel so bloody long,
and there is no place to grieve
and there is no way to leave,
the conquest
was simply make-believe,
we were so young
with so many dreams,
we couldn’t fit them
all in our head
but now all those dreams
are dead

where are you now?


No comments:

Post a Comment