Friday 12 October 2018

Communication 130

just ignore it

when crisis comes just turn off the light,
shut the door and leave them for the night,
things might get better on their own,
turn the television up if you hear them moan,
if nothing’s changed come the morning,
just ignore the fact they’re withdrawing,
cover the scars if they’re self-harming,
at no point have you stopped to think
exactly what pushed them to the brink,
you were too busy installing fears
and drowning yourself in drink
stick by stick, brick by brick, the person
you built has cracked and fractured,
you just don’t understand the complexity,
happiness can’t be manufactured
or installed in the mind with a microchip,
if I told you just how bad I feel,
you couldn’t begin to comprehend it,
you see me as you see fit,
whilst all the while you live in denial,
unwilling to face the facts,
that you’re just as ill as me,
the difference is that you don’t see
the damage being done, it all happens gradually,
we’re designed this way genetically,
as all insecurities are past from you to me,
I guess it’s always going to be this way,
there’s an inherent glitch in our DNA



No comments:

Post a Comment