Wednesday 13 January 2016

Communication 71


3:45 am Dawn Walking 

The alarm like a scalpel cutting into sleep,
I wake and unzip my eyelids
I’ll leave the demons dormant,  
underneath the bed,
dawn walking on my own, 
hours before the traffic drones
and footsteps spoil the mornings morals 
with a cluttered undignified march

hand on the door handle, so eagerly awake,
right foot forward, headfirst into day break,
not so much as an echo carries,
it’s just dead air, yet to be of relevance,
I inhale deeply, 
tasting yesterdays reminiscence,
I have no desire to carry the past protagonist,
so I walk and keep on walking,
streets and side roads winding 

not one soul shows or surfaces,
all intense and purposes remain locked away,
poignant , I continue to wander,
determined not to squander 
the closing seconds, before the gavel bangs, 
when trams, buses and trains
inject themselves into the cities veins 

No comments:

Post a Comment