Saturday 22 October 2022

Communication 167

DAD ‘Dead Horse Bay’

 

It feels like years have passed since I’ve seen you

felt the warmth of your hand

smelt your tobacco laden threads 

it’s hard to believe you’ve been dead

9 months

where have gone?

are you young again?

free to breathe on your own

a veteran of a useless body

having simply shifted frequency 

can you still see me?

are you proud that I’ve continued to live

 

with your blood inside me

we’re bonded forever

in many ways we’re always together, 

but it’s not the same

it will never be the same

 

I hear you in my silence 

lost without your guidance

but I know you’re at peace

it was such a relief

you died at home in Mums arms

I understand it was too painful to stay

maybe I’ll see you again someday,

wandering the shores of dead horse bay 




No comments:

Post a Comment