Sunday 16 September 2018

Communication 128


virtual machine

we erased ourselves so long ago,
I can’t deny we’ve tried hard to survive,
but so much of us has died,
there’s no truth within their lie,
it’s undeniable, but alas,
us humans are spectacularly pliable,
moulded by the hidden hand
with such nuance and dexterity,
I’ve lost myself, I feel unclean
having resigned my mind
to a virtual machine,
I now witness my feelings flowing
from the prison of my bed,
with a thousand tiny wires
stitched deep inside my head,
body after body,
a corpse of devolution,
genocide, a nuclear tide,
strategic persecution,
it makes no difference
who’s running the show
there’s an inherent glitch
in the wires they stitch,
I’ve lost myself, I feel unclean
let those who suffer
try the virtual machine,
you’ll soon learn to forget
just put on our headset,
if you like what you see
you can take the next step,
we’ll attached these tiny wires
deep inside your head,
you won’t hurt anymore
or perceive a true emotion,
you won’t challenge or question
the purpose of this creation


No comments:

Post a Comment