Thursday 15 August 2019

Communication 160

the baggage of failure

I promise one day we’ll find a place called home,
I don’t know where we’re heading
it’s impossible to ever know,
grab your bags lets go, there’s a poison in the air
we’ve got to leave town before the whole place
comes tumbling down, the fire in this boys eye
has killed his vision, he use to be so wise
determined to shoot for the stars,
he was wounded by his past,
you can only clean the slate
so many times before you’re left red-raw,
why are we here? what are we living for?
a tidal wave of the unclean
are thrown to the dogs of this war,
I never pictured myself a ‘null’
a ‘void’ trapped in the house that jack built,
I fear not the consequences of my action,
only the giants mass that comes crashing down
upon the broken back of my wreckage,
to live with the unexpected
is to proceed to persist through shock,
those that haven’t crawled from the
fracturing of the day can’t locate a connection
to try to communicate in my language,
I want to live without the baggage of failure 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment