Saturday 27 July 2019

Communication 158

the golden age

welcome to the golden age
come grab a knife
go take a life,
stabbing is all the rage,
don’t be boring,
don’t be beige,
you’re alive in this golden age
where cultural enrichment
and a failure to integrate
has made it impossible
to relate
to those
that walk around me
and those that talk over me,
I’m disgusted with what I see,
since when did multiculturalism
repair such division?
I use to wear my heart clearly
on my sleeve, but I fear now
it will be taken from me
if I dare show
my true feelings,
there’s nothing less appealing
than someone else’s
utopian vision
forced down upon you
like a new religion,
truth be told we’ve all been sold
decades ago
but who was to know,
I’ve tried my best
but I just can’t relate to those
who choose not to assimilate 



No comments:

Post a Comment